Saturday 28 April 2012

Unbounding Reality...




The worst part about knowing Guru is the fact that he never lets you finish one project before he has the next one ready to go. It was decided by him that this summer we would do a Warmachine Unbound painting challenge. Personally I am all for it as unbound is something I have always wanted to try, and I have a TON of Warmachine stuff to paint anyway. That being said, here is my Menoth list as it stands.


Harbinger of Menoth (*5pts)
* Crusader (6pts)
* Templar (8pts)
Grand Exemplar Kreoss (*6pts)
* Castigator (8pts)
* Fire of Salvation (9pts)
Hierarch Severius (*6pts)
* Devout (5pts)
* Crusader (6pts)
* Vanquisher (8pts)
Avatar of Menoth (11pts)
Daughters of the Flame (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Exemplar Bastions (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
Exemplar Cinerators (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
Exemplar Cinerators (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
Exemplar Errants (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Exemplar Errants (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Exemplar Vengers (Leader and 4 Grunts) (11pts)
Knights Exemplar (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts))
Knights Exemplar (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt (4pts
High Exemplar Gravus (5pts)
High Paladin Dartan Vilmon (3pts)
Knight Exemplar Seneschal (3pts)
Knight Exemplar Seneschal (3pts)
Paladin of the Order of the Wall (2pts)
Paladin of the Order of the Wall (2pts)
Reclaimer (2pts)
The Covenant of Menoth (2pts)

Some quick elementary school math will show you that this list is only 130 points worth of figs. This is because I am leaving room for the Colossal when it becomes available this summer. :)

Loking at the list, you may be wondering what evil plan I had when I designed it? What synergies I build my strategy around? The answer is quite simple... none. I looked at the Army and said to myself which casters can I see working together? So I thought about it a while and came up with this fun little bit of fluff...

The Harbinger has been gifted a vision from Menoth. In her vision, Hierarch Severius is to go on a pilgrimage of discovery into Ios. Somewhere within the borders of the Elven lands lies a great artifact of the builder. This artifact, if wielded by a true believer, could crush those who stand between man and his worship of the one true god. His guide on his journey would be the Harbinger, her visions guiding Severius to his goal. His protector will take the form of Grand Exemplar Mikael Kreoss and his Order of Exemplars. With the strength of the Exemplars, and the guidance of Menoths chosen on Caen, nothing will stand in Severius's way. Not even the people of Ios...


So, now that I have a theme I am ready to go. :) If I understood correctly our painting challenge starts in June, so until then I will continue to finish up my other projects and perhaps try to get some of this pile of Menoth assembled.

It's going to be a busy summer. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment