Thursday 8 November 2012

Infinity Fun

Hey guys! Its been a while since I posted, I hope you didn't miss me too much.
This week I have been on a painting blitz to get some commission work done and in the process I picked up some inclination to paint my own models! Agast, what is this tomfoolery!? Well I asked myself the same but you can just say inspiration just bit me... or you can say I finished XCOM: Enemy Unknown and had nothing else to do. Whatever the reason, I come to you now with my miniatures for a Infinity Nomad Force. If you look at the Bakunin Jurisdictional Command on the Corvus Belli website, they are all on nyce plain ship deck bases with not too much frill to them. As my LGS had no special bases for my models I decided to go for the same ship deck style but in my own style.



The bases are plain in that I glued a double diamond textured plasticard to a magnetic 25mm base. I trimmed away the excess plasticard away from the circular bases and primed them black. I then painted them in a layer of Citadel Leadbelcher. Once that was dry, I drybrushed a layer of 1:1 Citadel Snakebite Leather and P3 Khador Red Base. I then drybrushed another layer of Citadel Snakebite Leather before slapping on a wash of Citadel Agrax Earthshade. And voila! Quick and plain bases. (You can check out a similar base project in Yaumasta`s post about his Dragon Forge Design custom bases here)

Now on to the miniatures!
Nomad Zero

Nomad Wildcat Multipurpose Tactical Unit

I had a plan to do all my Nomads in a Blue/White scheme with a glowy green effect on any gem pieces. And in sticking to that plan, you can see with the Wildcat Multipurpose Unit and the Zero, the armour consists of a white porcelain effect for the solid pieces and blue for the clothes. The porcelain white was based in Citadel Celestial Grey, while the clothes were based in P3 Cygnar Blue Base. I added progressive coats of diluted Citadel Ceremite White over the armour plates to raise the highlights. For the clothes, I first washed the base with a layer of Citadel Druchii Violet, then worked up to a 2:1 mix of Citadel Ceremite White and P3 Cygnar Blue Base by wet blending with P3 Cygnar Blue Base. The ribbed sections of the clothes were washed with Citadel Nuln Oil and drybrushed with Citadel Celestial Grey. For the gems, gun sights and miscellaneous sections I based them in a 1:1 mix of Citadel Moot Green and Citadel Flash Gitz Yellow, then highlighted in a 1:1 mix of Citadel Flash Gitz Yellow and Citadel Ceremite White.

There you have it, the beginning of a Nomads Squad of Ass Kicking. Two down, fourteen to go!

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen these rolls????? They do same but cheaper than plasticard:

    http://shop.greenstuffworld.com/hobby-tools-resources/Rolling-Pin-Hobby-Roller-Double-Diamond

    ReplyDelete