Wednesday 10 June 2015

The School of Kriel-Fu

The bright orange clothes of my trollbloods always made me think of Shaolin Monks and now that I've seen a certain 30 minutes movie that is free on Youtube (This one to be more precise) I couldn't help but think of that title.

Here are my three latest things I painted:

A Second Earthborn Dire Troll Mauler:


its pose makes it so hard to take good pictures...


Which is sad because I'm already bad at taking pictures even in ideal conditions...


I had to kitbash some teeth out of a WHFB helmet's horns.



A Hand to play Ultimate Frizbee with.

 Horgle and his Pyre Troll:

The Pyre Brothers.

Horgle, probably one of my TOP favorite miniature for Trollbloods!!!



This new Pyre Troll is one of the rare plastic models
I have in my Trollblood collection....

It is mostly due to the fact that this new sculpt looks
much better than the old one.




I am very happy with these three models as it had been a long time since I put some paint on my trollbloods.

Colors for reference:
Fire: airbrushed base of Brown VAL71105 + painted with some Moldy Ochre + Washed with my classic VAL71083 Orange and then brightened/yellowed with Lemon Yellow (VAL or RPM loaned by Chris).

Earthborn skin: I think I airbrushed him with VAL71108 UK Blue on top of my usual French Blue. I then washed the model with SWMW015 Secret Weapon wash ''blue''.

Metallics: Black Metal + Gungrey + Chrome (for shiny rivets, small details, etc..) a little of VAL71066 Gold on Horgle's hammer.

A List to Play them All (or almost):

Tomorrow I'll get a revenge match against Alain, one of my favorite opponents at the store not only for his beautifully painted army (his models are pure candy for the eyes!!!) or his competitive lists that are challenging to beat but also because he is just a great guy: you can talk, joke and overall you feel that despite facing tournament lists well you are playing a game and having a great time.

Hopefully this prototype list will not make him have such a great time though:

System: Hordes
Faction: Trollblood
Casters: 1/1
Points: 50/50
Calandra Truthsayer, Oracle of the Glimmerwood (*5pts)
* Troll Bouncer (5pts)
* Dire Troll Mauler (9pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 5 Stone Scribes (4pts)
* Krielstone Stone Scribe Elder (1pts)
Pyg Burrowers (Leader and 5 Grunts) (4pts)
Sons of Bragg (6pts)
Trollkin Fennblades (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Trollkin Fennblade Officer & Drummer (2pts)
Horgle Ironstrike (3pts)
* Pyre Troll (4pts)
* Slag Troll (5pts)
Stone Scribe Chronicler (2pts)
Trollblood Skinner (2pts)

The Main idea is to use Infantry with Def13 (Pyg Burrowers, Sons of Bragg, Trollblood Skinner) to benefit from Calandra's ''Star Crossed'' and make them really hard for your opponent to hit.
The Fennblades are the frontline, they cover up the Pygs and Sons of Braggs and will benefit from ''Bullet Dodger'' (Calandra) and ''Valley of Mists'' (Stone Scribe Chronicler) to make my Fenns Def16 against shooting and Def 14 + ''Star Crossed'' against charges. And if one (or sadly more) happens to die then they'll get the benefit of Vengeance.

Horgle and his duo of Trolls seems a little bit better vs Warmachine but at least he can lend animi around to boost the POW of my weapons, his beasts can help the Fenns with ''Charge of the Trolls'' (Stone Scribe Chronicler). Bonus: Calandra can help Horgle maintain control of his beasts thanks to ''Soothing Song''.
They are also meant to act as ''Super-Heavy Infantry'' and engage/fight/buy time for scenarios.
I Think Horgle can also benefit from Calandra's ''Fate Blessed'' and ''Good Omens'' if he wants to crit with his hammer.

Krielstone and co are there to add some blast resistance to the Fenns and Pygs while preventing effects like Fire or Corrosion from instantly killing them.

Skinner is there because he can roll a lot of dice vs a beast and is Def13 (up to 17) so can maybe benefit from ''Star Crossed'' while jamming a beast.

We will see how it goes!! Hopefully very good for me, although I am really not used to playing so little heavy beasts, I'm worried about armor cracking but its a prototype, its made to make me learn new stuff with my faction and experiment.

Ideas for changes in the list:
-Northkin Fire-eaters: they are Def13, they would benefit from ''Star Crossed'' and ''Good Omens'' quite well it seems. Additional synergy with Horgle's Pyre.

-Whelps? To get the beast to Def13?

-Scouts? also Def13

Thanks for reading! Don't hesitate to comment the list or ask questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment