Sunday 19 October 2014

Rivet Wars: Or How a Kickstarter Can Be a Second Christmas

Early this year, in May to be more precise, I had made a little battle report and review of a Kickstarter game that I had backed: Rivet Wars.

I had rated the game 8/10 (for what my judgement is worth :P) as it had been a very enjoyable experience and I did not regret whatsoever the money I had spent in this kickstarter.
You can click here: to read this review and battle report

Now couple of months later, I got a text from my friend Paul telling me he had received more Rivets for me.
I knew some Rivet stuff was on its way but I clearly DID NOT expect how much was on its way...




Now I'll probably be that kid that shows all his cool new toys but I really needed to do exactly that and show how insanely cool this kickstarter is.


My now favorite box!

More models!

Uncle Rivet, is that you?!?

Even more models with more of my absolute favorite: the Mono-Wheel

Rosie...She looks like that girl from Suckerpunch (it took me forever to remember the name of that movie)

Nick Fur...err, the 'Man in Charge'. A really cool Rivet!

Some more heroes!

Decals, dice, damage markers, patches...I was spoiled!

More of the Core Stuff, artillery, mechs...

The Terrain Set to make the board a little more 3D

Moar units!

These Guard Dogs are too cute!

Drilling under trenches this is Madness!? No: This...Is....Riveeeett!!!

Ow! Look at this Rivet's helmet and how fancy it is!

This lady Rivet is on super-powered rollerblades, okay.

Baron Munchen I think. Reminds me of a Hellboy dude.


New infantry. 

Robot Rivets! Were they built by Star(rivet)K Industries?

Dust Ubertotens ready to storm Rivet Wars trenches!

Moar Heroes!

Blight Heroes!

One of my favorite Heroes: Dr.Vorn.

Someone called the Air Force?


The Red Baron currently in a factory grey paintojb.


All the new rivets + the first Kickstarter box.
That is A LOT of little plastic dudes!


I was impressed by the quantity of stock I received from this Kickstarter: not only was the game cool to play but now I have even more Rivets to fight with!
My only disappointment is that it doesn't look like there are new  ''Secret Missions'' and ''Action Cards'' ...well I guess my friend and I will have to make  some more for ourselves...AFTER trying all this new stuff!

Doug, are you ready? The Blightuns are ready to storm your Allied trenches!!!

3 comments:

  1. I think there was an add on that gave you all the scenery and more card. what level did you go in at? Did you back the Battle over Blighton or Heavy Metal.
    Irma Vep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      I Pledged for the Blitzkrieg Pledge.
      So far I'm fine as Rivet Wars is one of my many games and I feel I have the right amount of stock for it (even though I love zeppelins and heavy tanks). I have a lot of stuff to keep me busy with thanks to that amazing kickstarter! ;)

      Delete
  2. I did check after and the extra box content (all the cards. tokens and tiles plus the plastic versions) was and add on for $15 :)

    So happy to read a play though and review by someone "normal" :lol:
    I'm in the UK so I have to wait until Dec before my big box of stuff arrives. REALLY looking forward to it
    Irma Vep

    ReplyDelete