Saturday 30 November 2013

Android Netrunner: Weyland Consortium ''Dedicated Response Team''

(Warning: Picture Heavy!)
Today I'll talk and show an Android Netrunner LCG deck I made around ''Dedicated Response Team''.
I know how some of you might feel 'Oh! He's going to be That Guy that talks about his card game deck that we couldn't care less for...', well, thankfully this isn't real life and you can just not read this article, I won't know it and won't be offended, or...

Or you could be open-minded and check quickly, Android has some cool art on its cards.


I Tried a first version of the deck against Jerome C.'s extremely strong Andromeda deck, couple of play mistakes because I'm rusty and forgetting to get my extra credit on operations on both games coupled with a talented opponent resulted into two losses.

I did came close to winning out of nowhere thanks to ''Snare!'' + ''Dedicated Response Team'' twice.(The first time, my opponent had 5 cards in hands and barely survived, the second, I forgot to keep my money for the ''Snare!'' even though it would have been the proper play.)

So here's decklist #2 for the Weyland Consortium ''Dedicated Response Team''


-Identity: Weyland Consortium 'Building A Better World''

 ---Agendas:
-2x The Cleaners
-3x Geothermal Fracking
-3x Project Atlas
-3x Hostile Takeover

Note on Agendas:
I originally went with ''Private Security Force'' instead of ''Project Atlas'' but wanted to speed up the deck a little.
With ''Hostile Takeover'' and ''Geothermal Fracking'', bad publicity might be an issue but at least there's money to be made.
The Cleaners will increase the ''Dedicated Response Team'' and ''Scorched Earth'' impact.


---Credit-Makers:
-3x Hedge Fund
-1x Green Level Clearance
-2x Pad Campaign
-3x Beanstalk Royalties

Note on Credit-Makers:
Other than the two Pad Campaign, there is very little 'long term' money. Not only will this identity of Weyland benefit from all the 'transaction' sub-type Operations, I also need to use my Ice sparingly and didn't wanted to need to protect ten thousand assets from being trashed easily by dirty rich runners.
In addition, if everything goes well, I can count on some extra money from the agendas.


 

 

---Ice:
-2x Draco
-3x Ice Wall
-3x Shadow
-2x Enigma
-3x Bastion
-2x Data Raven

Note on Ice:
The classic ''Data Raven'' stealing 4 influence.
Despite being good, ''Enigma'' is only in two copies to reduce the impact from a ''Yog.0''.
''Draco'' is an early way to put tags and can become better in the late game with all the credits that can be generated from a ''Geothermal Fracking''

 

 


---Other Cards:
-3x Scorched Earth
-3x Dedicated Response Team
-3x Snare!
-2x Elizabeth Mills
-2x Jackson Howard
-1x Net Police

Note on Other Cards:
''Snare!'' one of the most dangerous Android Netrunner Cards and a favorite of mine, especially in a Weyland 'scorched earth' deck, becomes even more lethal with ''Dedicated Response Team'', giving the tag that can add the last two points of damage to the runner.
''Dedicated Response Team'' will make the runner pay for the successful runs, it is a card that, I find, is very underestimated. Hopefully this deck will use it with success.
''Scorched Earth'' is what many people came to expect when they face Weyland and there is tags, I'm almost tempted to remove them from the deck (or reduce them to one copy, which I could fetch via ''Project Atlas'') just to play something else: after all, my opponent won't know if I'm playing the card or not and he can't take the risk to leave a tag on himself if I do. Which card should I play if I remove two ''Scorched Earth''?
''Elizabeth Mills'' is here to remove some of the bad publicity we'll probably get using the deck.
''Jackson Howard'', with the deck having many 'one-shot' credit-maker cards, Jackson is an easy way to go through the deck and get credit and ice, quite a strong card.
''Net Police'' is a card I'd love to see in action, only one copy because of influence restrictions, hopefully the ''Jackson Howard'' can help me draw it.

So here you go, you have my Weyland list.
I'll play it some more as soon as I get the free time, in the meantime, let's discuss how I could upgrade the deck while staying true to its intent of playing ''Dedicated Response Team''...

Comments are more than welcomed of course! ;)

3 comments:

  1. super Article les Tortues !!! Je travaille présentement moi-même sur un deck Weyland et dedicated response team me fait de l'oeil. Après avoir jouer un Jintektrap et un nBn tagger, j'avais besoin d'un nouveau défi et mes adversaires réguliers en avait probablement assez de mes Uber-Corps textbook. J'avoue que ce texte m'inspire, même si ya un paquet de choses que je ferais différemment. C'est ça qui est bien de nos jours avec Netrunner, deux joueurs avec les mêmes intentions autour d'un même concept vont finir avec deux decks différents tant la variété propose d'alternatives. Guillaume, au plaisir de runner contre ta corp !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci pour le commentaire, ca fait toujours plaisir! :)

      Quelles choses ferais-tu différemment et pourquoi? Je suis très curieux de voir ton build pour un ''Dedicated Response Team'' :)

      Delete
  2. Je le playtest aujourdhui et je ten donne des news !

    ReplyDelete