Sunday 25 March 2012

I think I will take Antarctica...

So what can I say about Dystopian Wars?

I could say it has awesome looking models, great fluff, and a rulebook so poorly written it would make DP9 proud. (sad but true... Thank god there is a revised edition coming out to fix this) But most importantly, could say that it's got a continent full of scientists, and they are pissed! That continent would be Antarctica. Home to penguins and some of the most frightening technology known to man. Don't ask me why, but I was inexplicably drawn to these guys. Below is a picture of my first models for my army, the Zeno class armored cruiser. These models are shipped as one piece of resin and as such I thought the would be perfect for my test figs. One thing I should mention is that like all resins you should wash these models in slightly soapy water and allow them to completely dry before you prime and paint.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Originally, I had planned to paint them in lighter tones, but I think the end result looks good. The grays give them a more realistic military feel I think. Another thing I really liked was the speed with which these models paint up. The three models in the picture probably took only an hour and a half to paint.

Next up, the Prometheus class dreadnought.




I am going to get this guy magnatised and hopefully have him painted up by the end of the weekend.:)

Llew

No comments:

Post a Comment